As I get started on our home office makeover, I’ve been asking myself how I really want the space to feel. While we may be working in the office, it doesn’t have to feel like a task to be in there! I truly believe that beautiful spaces yield happy people and what better place to exercise that motto than the home office? As I find inspiration for the design, I realize that I don’t want it to feel like an office but rather another comfortable space in the house (where, sigh, work we must.)
Here are some designs that are inspiring us to put the ‘home’ in home office…
So, what are some elements from these three images that I hope to use in order to make my home office design more comfy and cozy?
- A gallery wall to bring in artwork and personal elements
- An area rug to ground the space and infuse that living room feeling
- Floor lamps to bring in some warm lighting
- Warm colors to keep it cozy
- Live greenery to spruce things up (provided I can actually keep something alive)
- Alternative storage like baskets or wooden boxes
So…we are ready to really get going on our home office makeover (which we hope to get a good start on this weekend.) I promise to keep you updated as we go. Pinky swear!